The following protocols will be required of members attending classes and open gym at Outlier Athletics. As soon as we are allowed to and and as soon as it is safe to do so, restrictions will be eased. This list will be updated as the situation changes.
Who Will Be Allowed Into the Facility
- Staff members, and any members who are in attendance for that class only.
- Supervised child sitting is suspended until further notice.
- Children meeting the below criteria will be allowed to accompany their parents into to the gym for the duration of a class. Please note that supervised childcare is not being provided just yet, we hope to open that back up soon.
- Children must be able to occupy themselves without interrupting the class or requiring parental assistance.
- There are three separate areas available for children of the same household to use: the kids room, the couch, and the balcony. Children must remain within the confines of the area for the duration of the class.
- Young children confined to stroller (or similar) will be allowed to be on the floor adjacent to their parents. Parents in these situations will be given priority to the corner/edge lanes.
- Children of different households will not be allowed to co-mingle.
- Parents shall clean/sanitize the area after use.
- Communal toys will be removed from the kids room. Parents may bring toys for their children to use, but they must be taken home daily.
- Published COVID-19 safety protocols apply to children as well (i.e. temperature scans and masks upon entry).
- Use of these areas MUST is by appointment only, and must be confirmed prior to each use. Email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 12 hours in advance to reserve your spot.
- Outlier coaches will have priority to these spots (when they are coaching).
Entrance / Exit of the Facility
- Laser/no touch thermometer scan at entry point will be administered. Any person outside of normal range (97-99 degrees) and/or presenting with any symptoms of illness will be turned away.
- They will be directed immediately to an intake bathroom where they will wash their hands with soap and water or hand stanitizer.
- Members shall enter through the front entrance only, and exit via the back alley bay door. The Hall of Gains bay door may be opened, but will not be used for entry or exit.
- Wait in or at your car in the parking lot until the coach calls the class into the gym. Observe social distancing while waiting to come in the door, standing at least 6 feet apart.
- Face coverings (masks) shall be work while entering and exiting the gym. A mask is not required to be worn once in your designated workout space.
Sick and Policy
- If a member or staff member is diagnosed with COVID19, then they must stay away from the facility for a minimum of 2 weeks.
- If a member or staff member becomes sick at all, (cold, influenza etc), they must stay away from the facility for a minimum of 2 weeks, unless they can provide proof of a negative COVID19 test and/or doctor’s note (granted tests are available at the time).
- Scheduling will be done by online appointment only. This means that everyone must enroll in class ahead of time via Pike13. Class caps will be enforced. Click here for information on how to enroll in a class in Pike13. All members have Pike13 accounts, use the “Forgot My Password” function to recover your account if needed. Our Pike13 portal may be accessed at outliercrossfit.pike13.com, or download the Pike13 app for iOS or Android.
- Class times will be staggered where there is a minimum of 15 minutes between classes for cleaning.
- Classes will be capped at 12 participants. There will be a waiting list function, add yourself to the waiting list to be notified of any cancellations.
- Floor will be taped with designated workout spaces (of approx 100 sq ft each). Stay within your space during the workout and maintain distancing while transitioning to other areas as needed (outside, restroom, etc.).
- Members shall clean their personal workout space. This includes all equipment used and the floor. Cleaning supplies will be provided.
- When class is over, clean up your workout space, gather your personal items, and exit the facility within a reasonable time frame.
- Only one class may be reserved per day. If a class (or open gym space in the Hall of Gaines) is not full when it is scheduled to begin, it may be used as a members second class. Enrollment in Pike13 is still required.
Hall of Gains / Open Gym
- The Hall of Gains will be available for open gym use. Personal space, distancing, egress, and cleaning procedures match those required of regular classes (see above).
- Hall of Gains will be capped at 4 participants.
- Spots must be reserved ahead of time via Pike13, same as regular classes (see above).
- Open gym participants must yield use of equipment (including the racks in the Hall of Gains) if required for use by the main class.
- Open gym in the main floor space is allowed during designated times. The same procedures described above must be observed.
- Maintain no less than 6 feet apart at all times, including during outdoor activities (running, sled pushing, etc.) and during trips to the restroom.
- Avoid high fives, fist bumps, and handshakes.
- Bring your own water, the communal water fountain is off limits until further notice.
- Shower rooms are available for use. However, personal items (towels, toiletries) may not be left at the gym. Members shall clean the shower room after use: stall shall be sprayed down with disinfectant, and other surfaces shall be wiped (chairs, railing, floor, etc.).
- Retail purchases (drinks, bars, apparel): bring your own pen for writing your name on the purchase sheets, or tell a coach and they will take care if it for you.
- Communal chalk buckets have been removed. Members will be provided with personal chalk that can be kept in a bag. The chalk is yours to keep, write your name on the bag and take it with you to/from the gym.