Thanksgiving Week Schedule Modifications
- Wednesday 11/24 – no 6pm or 7:15pm classes
- Thursday 11/25 (Thanksgiving) – 9am class only
- Friday 11/26 – classes at 8:30am and 9:45am only
- Normal schedule Saturday and Sunday
- No child sitting on Thursday or Friday
We have been hitting it pretty hard lately, so it is appropriate that we take a mid-cycle deload week. It coincides with the holiday week where many of you are traveling, or will just be taking more time off. Workouts have been formatted with reduced intensity in mind, but they will still allow you to get some good training in.
C&J work is on Tuesday, with the emphasis on consistency at a moderate load over time, rather than max loading. We have completed 3 weeks of the cycle, and I am considering this “week 3.5.” I am bumping our overall cycle timeline back one week to give you all another week of training before we attempt a max things out.
Some things to look for in the remainder of the strength cycle:
- “The Bella Complex” – As featured in the recent Rogue Invitational, we will be tackling this clean & jerk complex in regular classes the week of December 6th (week 5 of the cycle). As a precursor, coach Paul will lead the barbell class through the complex on Saturday 11/27. We will be videoing during this barbell class and assembling and demo/analysis video to help you all out when the Bella Complex comes up in class about a week later.
- Week 6 of the cycle (week of 12/13) will feature heavy clean & jerk doubles
- Tuesday 12/21 (week 7) is our 1 rep max clean and jerk day. You are forewarned!
MONDAY, NOV 22
6/6 Bulgarian split squat*
5-10 strict toes-to-rings
*Perform holding DB/KB in each hand at side, or single DB/KB in goblet position.
15 abmat or 12 GHD sit-up
20 Russian KB swing (53/35)
TUESDAY, NOV 23
Every 0:30 x 40:
1 power clean and jerk (~75% of 1RM C&J)
Perform 1 power clean and jerk every 30 seconds for 20 minutes. Same weight should be used the entire time.
*Workout inspired by NCFit workout “Cali Bear.”
5/5 KB single leg deadlift
5/5 KB windmill
The class is prioritized around the 20 minutes of clean and jerk. Coaches will provide sufficient warm-up and build up time for your lifting. If you end up with time and the end and are looking for some midline and shoulder stability accessory work, feel free to perform these movement.
WEDNESDAY, NOV 24
8 bench press
5 ring dip
5 deadlift (245/165)
8/6 cal assault bike
THURSDAY, NOV 25
Thanksgiving Team Workout
AMRAP 30, in teams of 2:
15 hang power snatch (75/55)
175m mixed rack suitcase carry (2 x 53/35)*
*Hold a KB in the front rack position on one side, and another at your side on the other. Switch arms as needed during your carry around the building.
Alternate movements with your partner, P1 works while P2 rests. See workout prep notes for more info.
FRIDAY, NOV 26
2 back squat @ 55-65%
You can keep the weight the same the whole time. If you want to make a jump in weight, you are only allowed to change the weight once, after the 5th set.
20 dual KB hang squat clean (2 x 35/26)
SATURDAY, NOV 27
Saturday Partner Workout
In teams of 2…
40 synchro goblet lunge (50/35)
16 sandbag-over-shoulder [split reps]
20 synchro single-arm devil’s press (50/35)
40/36/32 cal erg [split cals]
Barbell Class at 9:00am
The Bella Complex:
1 clean + 1 jerk + 1 front squat + 1 jerk