Our seniors program is designed for who are looking to just get moving again. Specifically designed for individuals age 55 and over, but inclusive to anyone wanting to begin exercising in an encouraging and welcoming environment. Classes are 40 minutes long and follow a greatly simplified approach based on the typical CrossFit group class model.
We understand that a typical CrossFit class may be intimidating. Sometimes it seems like it is just a bunch of 20-somethings throwing around barbells and swinging from the rings. Our masters program simplifies the approach: workout with your piers and perform functional movements that will help you in your everyday life.
Getting older can get tough, but we are here to help you prioritize your health and fitness. We know that you may have pre-existing injuries and health issues, and we have developed a program with that in mind. We will help you strengthen your joints, improve flexibility, increase work capacity, all within a carefully crafted learning environment. This class is for anyone looking to improve their state of fitness. obs
Our seniors program is lead by coach Nuno Costa. In addition to being a coach here at Outlier CrossFit, Nuno has been a head coach for CrossFit HQ since 2012. He has coached Level 1 and Level 2 seminars all over the world and is a CrossFit Certified Level 3 Trainer (CF-L3).
- When: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:00am – 10:40am (Pacific time)
- Where: All classes are currently offered in-person here at Outlier Athletics, and virtually via Zoom, we have members participating from all over the country. Coach Nuno will be mic’ed up and coaching our in-person and virtual clients simultaneously!
- Price: First week is free! After your trial period, classes are just $10 each if you purchase a Masters 10-Class Pass for $100, or a single visit drop-in for $15.
In addition to our in-person offering, all classes are running virtually via Zoom. Zoom is a video conferencing platform that allows you and our trainers to connect in the comfort of your own home, no matter your location. You will be able to interact with the trainer during the class…you can see them and they can see you. Movement instruction and demo will provided so that you can easily participate.
Virtual Zoom classes couldn’t be easier! Just follow the link provided on your laptop or mobile device and the zoom app will automatically download/install. Follow the on-screen instructions to join the meeting. Learn more about Zoom here.
For security purposes, the Zoom meeting link is not posted publicly. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the link and join the class.
What do you need to do to be prepared for a virtual class?
- You will need a computer, laptop, or mobile device with a camera. Set it up on a table, stool, or chair so that you will be clearly visible in your workout space.
- Try to log into the Zoom meeting prior to the scheduled start time to allow for troubleshooting of any technical difficulties.
- Wear comfortable clothing suitable for exercise.
- Workout equipment is not required. Virtual classes can be scaled to fit whatever you have available. Sometimes the workout may require just a chair or couch, and sometimes an odd object may be useful (water jug, weighted backpack, etc.). We can work with whatever you have.
Classes will include introductions/workout brief, warm-up/mobility, the workout, and cool down/stretching all within the 40 minute window. The approach is simple and functional, designed to get those with limited experience moving. Take a look below at a sample Zoom class with coach Nuno!